We made mistakes but still won: Kallis
Hyderabad: Kolkata Knight Riders captain Jacques Kallis on Monday conceded that his side made mistakes but could still win their Champions Trophy Twenty20 qualifiers match against Auckland Aces.
Kallis said that his batsmen made mistakes after electing to bat as they suffered a dramatic collapse to score just 121 for six.
"Auckland fielded very well. We tried too hard and got into trouble. So there were some lessons to take there. It is good to make some mistakes and still win," Kallis said after KKR won their opening match by just two runs.
"We knew the wicket was tough, so we tried and restricted them. In the IPL we lost one or two tight ones, so it is good to get a winning start here," he added.
Auckland captain Gareth Hopkins said that his side would come back strongly in their second match.
"We thought the new ball was crucial to score against. Funny game in a sense, since both games played the waiting game in the middle. We have a very experienced bowling attack and hope to bounce back tomorrow," he said.
Man-of-the-Match Manvinder Bisla of KKR was happy that he had played his part in the win.
"Both teams were 20 runs or so short, I am pleased we finished on top. The plan was for me to attack and Kallis to bat through. Binga (Brett Lee) and everyone else bowled really well to pull it back," said wicketkeeper and opening batsman who top-scored for KKR with a 32-ball 45.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...