We need an aggressive skipper for 2015 World Cup: Wasim Akram
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain, Wasim Akram has raised question marks over the captaincy of Misbah-ul-Haq and said the PCB needs to appointment a brave and aggressive skipper for the 2015 World Cup.
The former seamer told reporters here that while there was no question about Misbah-ul-Haq`s batting performances, the situation was not the same about his captaincy.
"They are question marks about his captaincy," he said yesterday.
Asked about the possibility of PCB appointing Shahid Afridi as captain for next World Cup, Wasim said this was something for the board to ponder and decide. "All I would say is that we need to have a brave and aggressive captain for the World Cup. Because we need to play positive cricket to do well," he added.
Wasim said Pakistan had adopted the wrong approach for the Asia Cup final where it was defeated by Sri Lanka. "I thought the decision to bat first was not correct, we should have stuck with our winning formula throughout the tournament."
He said that Pakistan had failed to play proper positive cricket in the final and the result was a loss. Talking about the forthcoming World T20 Cup in Bangladesh, Wasim termed Pakistan, India and West Indies as hot contenders to win the title.
"These three teams in my mind are favorites to win the title. Pakistan has a very good T20 squad but we need to play to our strength which is with aggression and positively." He also advised the team management to use the pace bowlers properly, pointing out that Junaid Khan was being under used.
"In my mind Junaid is your best bowler right now and he needs to be given his full quota of overs in any form of the game," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Hardik Patel's movement restricted; FIR lodged against him too
- Kotak Mahindra Bank posts 4-fold jump in net profit in Q1
- Sri Lanka tries new blood against Australia
- Pak wants UNHRC to send fact-finding team to Kashmir
- F1 radio ban: FIA tightens rules on controversial communication rules before Hungarian GP