We`ve zero tolerance policy towards corruption: SLC secretary
New Delhi: Sri Lanka Cricket secretary Nishantha Ranatunga insisted that SLC has "zero tolerance" policy towards corruption in the wake of reports emerging that some Indian bookies are benami owners of franchises in the Sri Lanka Premier League.
"We are not aware such a situation. But as far as Sri Lanka Cricket is concerned out tolerance level for corruption and doping is zero," Ranatunga said.
"We will have to wait (for more information), but we will act as and when required," he said.
The SLC secretary said that if sought they will provide all possible help to Indian investigators.
Ranatunga`s statement came after Vindoo Dara Singh, whose arrest led the Mumbai police to the doorstep of the alleged owner of the Chennai Super Kings, Gurunath Meiyappan, has revealed that many Indian bookies are in fact the "benami" owners of franchises in SLPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!