We`ve zero tolerance policy towards corruption: SLC secretary
New Delhi: Sri Lanka Cricket secretary Nishantha Ranatunga insisted that SLC has "zero tolerance" policy towards corruption in the wake of reports emerging that some Indian bookies are benami owners of franchises in the Sri Lanka Premier League.
"We are not aware such a situation. But as far as Sri Lanka Cricket is concerned out tolerance level for corruption and doping is zero," Ranatunga said.
"We will have to wait (for more information), but we will act as and when required," he said.
The SLC secretary said that if sought they will provide all possible help to Indian investigators.
Ranatunga`s statement came after Vindoo Dara Singh, whose arrest led the Mumbai police to the doorstep of the alleged owner of the Chennai Super Kings, Gurunath Meiyappan, has revealed that many Indian bookies are in fact the "benami" owners of franchises in SLPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Andy Murray survives fresh five-set Paris battle
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!