We want to win this series 4-0: Michael Clarke
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Perth: Australian captain Michael Clarke has every reason to celebrate after a job well done against India in the third Test, where they beat the visitors, India by an innings and 37 runs. Skipper Clarke lauded the efforts of David Warner and Ed Cowan in the Australian win, which helped the hosts take an unassailable lead of 3-0 in the four-match series on Sunday.
"A great feeling. A wonderful job from Warner, and Cowan deserves praise too. Hobart was quite a tough wicket for the batters, the work we have put in, you can see the effects on our individual batters," he said in the post-match presentation.
Clarke, who took over the captaincy from Ricky Ponting, said the veteran’s experience helped the team grow as a unit.
"I thought our selectors from the past also did their best, the new coach, new selectors have brought new enthusiasm to the group which is exciting, the team has grown since the time I took over as captain, Ricky has helped a lot with his experience. We are going to have a few beers tonight. We want to win this series 4-0," he said.
He also praised the bowling unit for their effort in containing the strong Indian batting line-up, at the same time stressing the importance of improving the area of batting.
"I`m stoked, the boys are really happy. The bowling deserves credit, for getting out such an amazing batting line-up. Warner- it`s like opening the batting with Gilly, he can hit it both side, I love his enthusiasm, he`s a great asset for Australia, and he has a bright future. Our batting needs to work hard and our fielding is improving. Games like this are a reward for the hard work we put in."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video