We want to win this series 4-0: Michael Clarke
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Perth: Australian captain Michael Clarke has every reason to celebrate after a job well done against India in the third Test, where they beat the visitors, India by an innings and 37 runs. Skipper Clarke lauded the efforts of David Warner and Ed Cowan in the Australian win, which helped the hosts take an unassailable lead of 3-0 in the four-match series on Sunday.
"A great feeling. A wonderful job from Warner, and Cowan deserves praise too. Hobart was quite a tough wicket for the batters, the work we have put in, you can see the effects on our individual batters," he said in the post-match presentation.
Clarke, who took over the captaincy from Ricky Ponting, said the veteran’s experience helped the team grow as a unit.
"I thought our selectors from the past also did their best, the new coach, new selectors have brought new enthusiasm to the group which is exciting, the team has grown since the time I took over as captain, Ricky has helped a lot with his experience. We are going to have a few beers tonight. We want to win this series 4-0," he said.
He also praised the bowling unit for their effort in containing the strong Indian batting line-up, at the same time stressing the importance of improving the area of batting.
"I`m stoked, the boys are really happy. The bowling deserves credit, for getting out such an amazing batting line-up. Warner- it`s like opening the batting with Gilly, he can hit it both side, I love his enthusiasm, he`s a great asset for Australia, and he has a bright future. Our batting needs to work hard and our fielding is improving. Games like this are a reward for the hard work we put in."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter