We will have a couple of tricks up our sleeve: Arthur
Adelaide: Australia coach Micky Arthur on Wednesday promised that his team will have some tricks up its sleeves to defeat Sri Lanka in Thursday`s tri-series decider.
The South African had told the Australian players that they were pathetic in the crushing eight-wicket loss to the Sri Lanka in Tuesday`s second final.
"It simply wasn`t good enough. There was no excuse for it. Our execution has been questionable at times but Adelaide is different conditions to the Gabba, so we have to go around tinkering our game plans just a little bit," Arthur told reporters at the Adelaide Oval.
Arthur said he had to re-look at the plans for the first two finals.
"Our plans were similar for the first two finals and that was probably a little bit of a default on our part. We have had another look. And we need to play in a different way in these conditions which are totally different.
"We have had a couple of serious chats ... we are looking at ways we can beat Sri Lanka in these conditions. We will have a couple of tricks up our sleeve tomorrow and hopefully they work for us. We have given a lot of thought to them," he said.
Spinner Nathan Lyon is likely to replace injured quick James Pattinson (strained buttock muscle) or another spinner Xavier Doherty. Batsman Peter Forrest is also likely to replace captain Michael Clarke, who has pulled a hamstring.
Arthur said the Australians have to be bold in the first 10 overs.
"I do think we could be a little bit more bold in those first 10 overs. We were 1-39, they were 0-78 (after 10 overs on Tuesday) and that is a huge differential. And they`re certainly going to play that way again tomorrow. That is why we need to stay one or two steps ahead and our game plan will reflect that," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’