We will look to win CL as well: Dhoni
Chennai: Chennai Super Kings defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore by 58 runs to retain the IPL trophy on Saturday. Speaking at the presentation ceremony, Chennai Super Kings skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni credited the boys for their effort in winning the title back to back.
"I think this is a fabulous effort from the guys, it was a good start from Hussey and Vijay. We got the momentum and we maintained it and that`s the reason why we could score over 200. The intent was there, it was the final and the batsmen showed intent, challenged the fielders, rotated strike pretty well and put extra pressure," he said.
He praised spinner Ashwin for his fantastic opening spell in which he got rid of the danger-man Chris Gayle. "Our start with the ball was great, Ashwin bowled really well, that`s one of the reasons why he gets more purchase than some of the other bowlers. The big achievement is to win both the trophy and to win the fair play award. We`ll look to win the Champions League as well, we have to see what kind of form we`ll be in."
"Chennai crowd were brilliant throughout, and that helped us, particularly in the close games. It was tough to play the IPL soon after the World Cup, and after winning the WC the crowd were a bit relaxed and the turn out increased after every match. Looking forward to go to Ranchi now," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?