We will work very hard to defend our world title: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Team India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is confident of his team’s chances for the 2015 World Cup to be co-hosted by Australia and New Zealand.
“I’m keenly looking forward to the tournament and confident that we’ll do well. Our recent victory in the ICC Champions Trophy 2013 has provided the team with a lot of confidence, and I am sure this experience will help us in our preparations for the World Cup in 2015,” Dhoni told the ICC website on Tuesday.
Terming the tournament as a special event, the 32-year-old assured that the team will do its best to defend the crown they won in front of home crowd at Mumbai in 2011.
“World Cup is a very special event for every cricketer because it only takes place every four years. Having tasted success in Mumbai in 2011, we’ll be working very hard to retain it,” he said.
The ICC on Tuesday announced the schedule of the 2015 World Cup clubbing archrivals India and Pakistan in the same pool.
The event starts on February 15 and the final will be hosted by Melbourne Cricket Ground on March 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations