West Indies agree to tour India in November
St John`s (Antigua): The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) on Wednesday accepted India`s invitation for a series in November which would allow senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar to play his milestone 200th Test in front of home fans.
"The West Indies Cricket Board today confirmed that the West Indies team will tour India in November. The tour will include a two Test series and three one-day internationals. The WICB and the Board of Control for Cricket in India agreed to utilise the mutually available window in November for the tour," the WICB said in a statement.
The tour was proposed by the BCCI`s working committee in a meeting on Sunday and would precede India`s trip to South Africa in December.
Tendulkar has played 198 Tests so far and the second Test of this series would take him to one of the several milestones he has touched in a glittering career.
For the West Indies, the Indian tour will precede the trip to New Zealand which is scheduled to commence on December 3 and conclude on January 15 next year.
"The full India tour schedule will be released following final agreement by the two boards," the WICB stated.
West Indies last faced India in a limited-overs series earlier this year in the Caribbean. India won that tri-nation series which also involved Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death