West Indies batsman Gayle out of England ODIs
London: West Indies opener Chris Gayle will miss the one-day international series against England with a back problem, the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) said on Saturday.
Dwayne Smith has been called up as replacement for the three ODIs against England in Antigua and Sunday`s one-off game with Ireland at Sabina Park in Jamaica, the board said a statement.
Gayle, 34, suffered a stiff lower back after the first T20 international against Ireland on Wednesday and did not play in Friday`s second game. He will have treatment in Jamaica.
The one-day series against England begins on February 28 with further matches on March 2 and 5 before three Twenty20 internationals in Barbados.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'