West Indies cricket team arrives in Bangladesh
Dhaka: A 15-member West Indies squad led by Darren Sammy arrived in Dhaka on Monday for a series involving two Tests, five One Day Internationals and one Twenty20 against Bangladesh.
The West Indies will start their tour with a Test match against the hosts at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium here Nov 12-17, reports Xinhua.
The visitors will play the second Test match at the Sheikh Abu Nasser Stadium in Khulna, 180 km southwest of Dhaka, Nov 21-25.
At the same venue, West Indies will also play the first two ODI matches Nov 30 and Dec 2.
The Windies will play the remaining three ODIs Dec 5, 7 and 8 at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur. The last leg of the tour is the one match T20 series also to be played in Mirpur.
The West Indies, which clinched the World Twenty20 title beating Sri Lanka by 36 runs in Colombo last month, had earlier toured Bangladesh for a series twice, in 2002 and 2011.
West Indies squad comprises Darren Sammy (Captain), Denesh Ramdin (vice captain and wicketkeeper), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Kirk Edwards, Assad Fudadin, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Veerasammy Permaul, Kieran Powell, Ravi Rampaul, Marlon Samuels and Fidel Edwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo