West Indies name provisional squad for ICC World T20
St John`s (Antigua and Barbuda): Defending champions the West Indies today announced a provisional 30-man squad for the ICC World Twenty20, which will take place in Bangladesh in March and April.
The Windies, who won the 2012 title with victory against hosts Sri Lanka in the final, will play all of their preliminary round matches at the Sher-e-Bangla Stadium in Mirpur.
Their campaign begins against India on March 23 and two days later they take on one of the ICC qualifiers.
Their third match will be against Australia on March 28 followed by a clash against Pakistan on April 1.
The semi-finals are slated for April 3 and 4, with the final on April 6.
Provisional West Indies squad:
Christopher Barnwell, Sulieman Benn, Tino Best, Samuel Badree, Darren Bravo, Dwayne Bravo, Johnson Charles, Kevon Cooper, Sheldon Cottrell, Fidel Edwards, Rayad Emrit, Andre Fletcher, Chris Gayle, Jason Holder, Delorn Johnson, Nikita Miller, Sunil Narine, Ashley Nurse, Veerasammy Permaul, Kieron Pollard, Denesh Ramdin, Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Darren Sammy Marlon Samuels, Krishmar Santokie, Lendl Simmons, Dwayne Smith, Chadwick Walton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!
- EPF interest rate: Nationwide protest by trade unions today
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic