West Indies playing WC final is good for women`s cricket
New Delhi: India captain Mithali Raj feels West Indies` entry into the final of the ICC Women`s World Cup is good for the game and its followers who were used to witnessing Australia-England summit clashes in the recent past.
"West Indies reaching the finals is good for our game. People were becoming used to Australia-England finals in the big events. It will be an interesting final," Mithali said.
Mithali said she wasn`t suprised to see West Indies reaching the finals of the quadrennial event.
"They have been consistent in the tournament. They are an improved side and have been good in all disciplines. They richly deserve it," she said about the Carribean eves whom India comprehensively beat by 105 runs in the opening match of the ongoing World Cup.
The West Indies will take on five-time champions Australia in their maiden final tomorrow at the Brabourne Stadium.
Mithali said women`s cricket has become more professional and entertaining and will only grow with time.
"These days there is lot more physical strength involved in our game along with technique. You see lot many teams scoring over 250 runs and the number of sixes hit have also increased. This is good from fans perspective," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared