West Indies playing WC final is good for women`s cricket
New Delhi: India captain Mithali Raj feels West Indies` entry into the final of the ICC Women`s World Cup is good for the game and its followers who were used to witnessing Australia-England summit clashes in the recent past.
"West Indies reaching the finals is good for our game. People were becoming used to Australia-England finals in the big events. It will be an interesting final," Mithali said.
Mithali said she wasn`t suprised to see West Indies reaching the finals of the quadrennial event.
"They have been consistent in the tournament. They are an improved side and have been good in all disciplines. They richly deserve it," she said about the Carribean eves whom India comprehensively beat by 105 runs in the opening match of the ongoing World Cup.
The West Indies will take on five-time champions Australia in their maiden final tomorrow at the Brabourne Stadium.
Mithali said women`s cricket has become more professional and entertaining and will only grow with time.
"These days there is lot more physical strength involved in our game along with technique. You see lot many teams scoring over 250 runs and the number of sixes hit have also increased. This is good from fans perspective," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai