West Indies vs Zimbabwe, 1st Test: Sammy leads West Indies to safety on day 2
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Bridgetown: West Indies looked set to win the first Test against Zimbabwe after a remarkable second day which saw them getting bowled out for 307 in their first innings with captain Sammy top scoring with 73 runs.
Later, some impressive bowling from the Windies pace bowlers led to a mini collapse for Zimbabwe, as they finished the day at 41 for the loss of 3 wickets. The tourists trail by 55 runs and have another seven wickets in hand.
West Indies, at 151 for the loss of 6 wickets, were in a spot of bother when Sammy came into bat. The all-rounder and wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin (62) combined to stitch a partnership of 106 runs for the seventh wicket to take the hosts to a decent first innings total.
Zimbabwe’s second innings began in disastrous fashion as they lost three quick wickets. Ray Price (7*) and Brendan Taylor (0*) were at the crease for the tourists at the end of play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?