West Indies vs Zimbabwe, 1st Test: Sammy leads West Indies to safety on day 2
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Bridgetown: West Indies looked set to win the first Test against Zimbabwe after a remarkable second day which saw them getting bowled out for 307 in their first innings with captain Sammy top scoring with 73 runs.
Later, some impressive bowling from the Windies pace bowlers led to a mini collapse for Zimbabwe, as they finished the day at 41 for the loss of 3 wickets. The tourists trail by 55 runs and have another seven wickets in hand.
West Indies, at 151 for the loss of 6 wickets, were in a spot of bother when Sammy came into bat. The all-rounder and wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin (62) combined to stitch a partnership of 106 runs for the seventh wicket to take the hosts to a decent first innings total.
Zimbabwe’s second innings began in disastrous fashion as they lost three quick wickets. Ray Price (7*) and Brendan Taylor (0*) were at the crease for the tourists at the end of play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore