West Indies vs Zimbabwe, 2nd Test: Windies dominate on day 1
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Roseau: West Indies bundled out Zimbabwe for a meagre 175 and posted 114 for the loss of 2 wickets on day one to take control of the 2nd Test being played in Roseau.
Offspinner Shane Shillingford destroyed Zimbabwe’s batting line up by picking up 5 wickets for 59 runs. He was ably supported by Marlon Samuels who finished with figures of 3 for 15 runs.
For the tourists, captain Brendan Taylor top-scored with 33 runs and opener Sibanda scored 32 runs.
Coming into bat, West Indies got off to a flying start with Chris Gayle leading the way for the hosts. For Zimbabwe, medium-pacer Kyle Jarvis picked up the wickets of Powell and Bravo to finish with figures of 2 wickets for 35 runs.
At the end of play on day one, Chris Gayle was batting on 61* and Marlon Samuels was batting on 26*.
Earlier, West Indies won the toss and chose to field first on a pitch that is traditionally believed to assist the slower bowlers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list