Whatmore hails SA’s pace attack for Pak decimation
Johannesburg: Pakistan coach Dav Whatmore has hailed an "incredible" performance by South Africa`s pace attack after his team were bundled out for a record low of 49 on the second day of the first Test at the Wanderers.
Whatmore said he has not witnessed such incredible pace bowling ever before.
Dale Steyn was the main destroyer, taking six for eight in 8.1 overs as Pakistan slipped below their previous lowest total of 53 against Australia in Sharjah in 2002/03.
South Africa did not enforce the follow on and took command of the match, posting 207 for three in their second innings to take an overall lead of 411 into the third day.
Captain Graeme Smith (52), Hashim Amla (50 not out) and AB de Villiers (63 not out) hit half-centuries.
Steyn said a pep talk by Smith before play had fired up the South African players, who had been bowled out for 253 on the first day.
It was another triumph for South Africa`s battery of fast bowlers and the third time in less than two seasons that the world`s number one Test team had bowled out opponents for fewer than 50.
Whatmore said that although Pakistan had bowled out South Africa relatively cheaply he knew that it would be a difficult day for his team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- DNA: Govt claims no power shortage, but India looms in darkness
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll rises to 1,826, over 1,300 dead in Andhra Pradesh
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination