Whatmore hails SA’s pace attack for Pak decimation
Johannesburg: Pakistan coach Dav Whatmore has hailed an "incredible" performance by South Africa`s pace attack after his team were bundled out for a record low of 49 on the second day of the first Test at the Wanderers.
Whatmore said he has not witnessed such incredible pace bowling ever before.
Dale Steyn was the main destroyer, taking six for eight in 8.1 overs as Pakistan slipped below their previous lowest total of 53 against Australia in Sharjah in 2002/03.
South Africa did not enforce the follow on and took command of the match, posting 207 for three in their second innings to take an overall lead of 411 into the third day.
Captain Graeme Smith (52), Hashim Amla (50 not out) and AB de Villiers (63 not out) hit half-centuries.
Steyn said a pep talk by Smith before play had fired up the South African players, who had been bowled out for 253 on the first day.
It was another triumph for South Africa`s battery of fast bowlers and the third time in less than two seasons that the world`s number one Test team had bowled out opponents for fewer than 50.
Whatmore said that although Pakistan had bowled out South Africa relatively cheaply he knew that it would be a difficult day for his team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!