Whatmore says Pak `hasn`t turned into bad team overnight` despite `miserable` CT exit
Karachi: Pakistan`s head coach Dav Whatmore refused to criticise the team`s batting department after their miserable exit from the ICC Champions Trophy with a eight-wicket thrashing by India, saying that a team does not turn bad overnight.
India put already-eliminated Pakistan out of its misery in the Champions Trophy by thrashing its fierce rival in a rain-hit match on Saturday, clinching a third straight win for the tournament favorite.
The report further said that Pakistan will return home with three successive losses from a miserable Group B campaign in which its malfunctioning batting lineup failed to pass 200, hurting the pride of Pakistan`s players and fans.
However, Whatmore defended the team`s batsmen, saying that although they have not been able to score enough runs and have been losing wickets in clusters, loss in one series does not make a team bad given that they are almost the same team that beat India 2-1 in Indian conditions.
Insisting that he will not be making wholesale changes, Whatmore further said that there are times when a team plays bad games, adding that Pakistan was unfortunate to have played three such games in a row.
Mentioning Pakistan`s malfunctioning batting lineup that failed to pass 200 in the tournament, Whatmore said that the batsmen were not able to achieve success despite trying hard, adding that even though it is easy to be critical on the surface, it is more necessary to be objective and improve things.
Hinting that the fate of the team with the 2015 World Cup in even tougher conditions in Australia and New Zealand lies in the hands of the Pakistan Cricket Board selectors, the coach, however said that the selectors will be looking for a team with the World Cup in mind, given that domestic games are quite strong in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened