White eyeing Oz career comeback with solid showing against Pak spinners
Sydney: Australia all-rounder Cameron White is convinced his good form displayed in Indian and England domestic competitions can continue in their ongoing series against Pakistan in the UAE.
The Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka, starting next month, would follow the current series in Dubai, and White wants to make most of it to bring his international career back on track.
The former Australia T20 skipper has regained a place in the squad for the three-match series starting on Wednesday night after being dumped as captain and player in October 2011.
“Against Pakistan I`ve had pretty good success. Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Hafeez, Abdur Rehman, Shahid Afridi, I`ve done well against them. So I`m going to stick to what I`ve done previously,” The Age quoted White, as saying.
White’s record against Pakistan includes blasting 43 off 31 balls in the 2010 T20 World Cup semi-final and thumping scores of 105 and 55 in the 2009/10 ODI series.
“I feel as though I`m not worried about those guys. In terms of worrying about which way the ball`s spinning, I feel as though I don`t have too many issues with that. Hopefully they don`t make me look silly,” White added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside