White to captain Aussies for first time in ODIs
Perth: Victorian all-rounder Cameron White will captain Australia for the first time in a one-day international in Perth against England on Sunday.
With the series sealed in Australia’s favour 5-1, the selectors have decided to rest Michael Clarke and Shane Watson. In their place, West Australian batsman Adam Voges and Tasmanian off-spinner Jason Krezja have been called up.
The most surprising decision is the recall of Krejza after a two-year exile from the national team. Krejza was not picked in Australia`s provisional 30-man World Cup squad, but injuries to Nathan Hauritz, Xavier Doherty, Stephen O`Keefe and all-rounder Steve Smith have resulted in a stunning recall for the offie.
``It`s only come through injury, but any opportunity that`s there, you`ve got to grab it with both hands, and hopefully I can do that and play well if I get the opportunity to play,`` he told to reporters.
``It`s the place I got dropped, it`s the place I`ve got picked now, so it`s a bit ironic. I never gave up hope. I just knew I was going to be a better bowler. I knew I`d have another opportunity and it`s come along now, so I`m pretty excited,” he added.
Krejza is set to make his ODI debut, while Voges, who is averaging 62 in the national one-day cup and is also capable of bowling left-arm spin, is tipped to take Clarke`s slot in the middle order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now