Why India are favourites in T20 against Australia
Zeenews Sports Bureau
For a bruised India, this will be the right moment to bury the bad memories and move on from the debacle in the Test series where they were drubbed by the Australian side.
With some young guns in their ranks, the under-fire captain Dhoni should fire on cylinders to gain back the lost credentials if he is to stay as the same old Captain Cool. Here are some points that could go in India’s favour when they meet Australia in the first of the two T20 International matches at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium on Wednesday.
New look team
Australia will field a fresh look side under the leadership of debutante George Bailey for the T20 matches against a comparatively experienced Indian side. Bailey, who plays alongside MS Dhoni in Chennai Super Kings, is the first Australian since Dave Gregory to be named captain in his first game. With T20 specialists like Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, and R Ashwin in the side, India hold slight advantage against the hosts.
The wicket at Sydney`s Olympic stadium is somewhat close to the subcontinent conditions on which the IPL matches were being played every year. This would give the battered Indians an added advantage. Plus, Indians would find it easy should out-of-form opener Virender Sehwag hit form early.
Can Brad hog the limelight?
Even though Brad Hogg proved his worth in the Big Bash League, the return to international fold has surprised many. Whether he can extend his BBL form to today’s match, one has to wait and watch. On the pace front, veteran Brett Lee, who has long retired from Test cricket, spearheads the Australian attack. There is neither Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus nor Ryan Harris in the team, which will also go in India’s favour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM