Why Jaitley is silent on IPL spot-fixing row, asks Congress
Mumbai: Lashing out at the BJP, Congress on Tuesday wondered why senior BJP leader and BCCI vice-president Arun Jaitley was silent on the issue of betting and spot fixing in IPL matches.
Talking to reporters, Maharashtra Congress spokesman Anant Gadgil, who has recently been roped in by the AICC as one of the 36 leaders to put forth party`s point of view in the media, said Jaitley has been in the forefront of criticising the Congress party on the issue of corruption.
"But surprisingly, he is silent on the issue of BCCI president N Srinivasan`s continuance in his post and also the scandal, which has rocked the cricket world," he said.
Holding the Chhattisgarh government responsible for the deadly Naxal attack on the Congress leaders, he charged that there was room to suspect a conspiracy to wipe out party`s top leadership in the state on eve of the assembly elections.
Gadgil said Congress was not playing politics or making allegations in wake of the incident.
"The state`s top leadership is wiped out in the attack on the eve of elections. Is it a conspiracy. Probe into the incident will bring out all the answers. Those who criticised the Maharashtra government for 26/11 terror attacks for intelligence failure are now keeping quiet," he said.
Gadgil said if the Congress was in government in Chhattisgarh at present, Opposition and a section of the media would have demanded resignation of the government. "But nobody is speaking now," he said.
He said the party has got information that the Congress rally in the Naxal belt did not get enough protection. "Proper precautions were not taken," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands