WI tour of India to begin on Oct 31, to play 2 Test and 3 ODIs
New Delhi: The hastily arranged West Indies tour of India where Sachin Tendulkar is expected to play his 200th Test before home fans will begin on October 31.
The BCCI announced that the four-week tour, which will comprise of two Tasts and three One-day Internationals apart from a three-day warm-up game, will begin on October 31 and conlcude on November 27.
"The dates and venues of the matches will be announced shortly," BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel said in a release.
It is widely believed that the tour has been arranged to give Tendulkar an opportunity to play the historic 200th Test in front of his home fans. As per rotational policy, Motera Stadium in Ahmedabad is in line to host the 200th game but Tendulkar`s home city Mumbai and Eden Gardens Kolkata are also vying to host the landmark occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia