WI tour of India to begin on Oct 31, to play 2 Test and 3 ODIs
New Delhi: The hastily arranged West Indies tour of India where Sachin Tendulkar is expected to play his 200th Test before home fans will begin on October 31.
The BCCI announced that the four-week tour, which will comprise of two Tasts and three One-day Internationals apart from a three-day warm-up game, will begin on October 31 and conlcude on November 27.
"The dates and venues of the matches will be announced shortly," BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel said in a release.
It is widely believed that the tour has been arranged to give Tendulkar an opportunity to play the historic 200th Test in front of his home fans. As per rotational policy, Motera Stadium in Ahmedabad is in line to host the 200th game but Tendulkar`s home city Mumbai and Eden Gardens Kolkata are also vying to host the landmark occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Seven killed, 15 wounded in two separate road mishaps in Andhra's Prakasam
- PHOTOS: Yuvraj Singh, fiancée Hazel Keech spend quality time in London
- Nirbhaya rapist has links with jihadists; UP police advised to keep close watch
- Fire breaks out at Amritsar railway station; damages main server, other equipments
- Why Brexit is a harbinger of climate change?