WICB wants PCB to reschedule upcoming series
Karachi: Keen on having a Test series against India in August next year, the PCB has expressed its inability to accommodate a request from the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) to reschedule the Pakistan`s team upcoming tour to the Carribean nation.
A well-placed source in the cricket board told PTI today that Pakistan, according to the FTP calendar, is scheduled to tour West Indies in July for a Test and one-day series.
"The West Indies board, without informing the PCB, has now invited India and Sri Lanka for a limited overs series in July and wants the Pakistan team to tour in August," the source said.
"Since the PCB is pretty hopeful of convincing the BCCI to slot in a bilateral series in August, it is unable to accept the change in dates to their tour to West Indies in July. Even in the FTP, the ICC and the Pakistan and Indian boards have kept the August month open in the hope that in case of improved relations they can schedule a series at that time," the source added.
The source said the PCB, after receiving a request from the WICB, finds itself in an awkward position since the Carribean board wants to reschedule the series by at least two to three weeks.
"The PCB is also miffed because instead of having a one-day series involving Pakistan, the WICB decided to invite India and Sri Lanka."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray