Will BCCI impose life ban on Lalit Modi?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi is set to be banned by the BCCI on charges of financial irregularities in its Special General Meeting (SGM) on September 25.
According to a news channel, a report submitted by the cricket board’s disciplinary committee alleges Modi of rigging bids to favour two companies to buy new IPL franchisees, rigging league’s internet and broadcast rights and attempting to form a rebel league among others.
The committee has recommended a life ban on Modi who ran the lucrative tournament for the first three years before being suspended and subsequently moving to London claiming danger to his life in India.
For the ban to be imposed, a two-third majority needs vote in its favour meaning at least 21 members will have to support the decision at the SGM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda