Will BCCI impose life ban on Lalit Modi?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi is set to be banned by the BCCI on charges of financial irregularities in its Special General Meeting (SGM) on September 25.
According to a news channel, a report submitted by the cricket board’s disciplinary committee alleges Modi of rigging bids to favour two companies to buy new IPL franchisees, rigging league’s internet and broadcast rights and attempting to form a rebel league among others.
The committee has recommended a life ban on Modi who ran the lucrative tournament for the first three years before being suspended and subsequently moving to London claiming danger to his life in India.
For the ban to be imposed, a two-third majority needs vote in its favour meaning at least 21 members will have to support the decision at the SGM.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference