Will BCCI impose life ban on Lalit Modi?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi is set to be banned by the BCCI on charges of financial irregularities in its Special General Meeting (SGM) on September 25.
According to a news channel, a report submitted by the cricket board’s disciplinary committee alleges Modi of rigging bids to favour two companies to buy new IPL franchisees, rigging league’s internet and broadcast rights and attempting to form a rebel league among others.
The committee has recommended a life ban on Modi who ran the lucrative tournament for the first three years before being suspended and subsequently moving to London claiming danger to his life in India.
For the ban to be imposed, a two-third majority needs vote in its favour meaning at least 21 members will have to support the decision at the SGM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal