Will do everything to stop Sachin from scoring 100th ton: Edwards
Kolkata: Elated after having grabbed Indian master batsman Sachin Tendulkar`s wicket in the series opener, West Indies fast bowler Fidel Edwards hopes for an encore in the rest of the series.
The entire cricketing world is waiting for Sachin Tendulkar to complete the hsitoric feat of 100 international tons - he is one short of the milestone - but Edwards has other ideas.
"I will do everything I can to see to it he doesn`t get there (100 tons) against the Caribbeans.
"I would want him to score nought in the rest of the series," quipped the 29-year-old-Barbadian, set to play his 50th Test match beginning Monday at the Eden.
Edwards had got out Tendulkar with a ball that came off a fullish length and rapped Tendulkar (7) on the pad in front of the leg stump in the first innings. It was his 150th Test scalp.
Calling the Indian batting genius a "great player", Edwards said in his young days he used to watch him in admiration. "After that, getting to bowl to him is a big achievement. We have to get him out to stop him from scoring runs".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog