Will do everything to stop Sachin from scoring 100th ton: Edwards
Kolkata: Elated after having grabbed Indian master batsman Sachin Tendulkar`s wicket in the series opener, West Indies fast bowler Fidel Edwards hopes for an encore in the rest of the series.
The entire cricketing world is waiting for Sachin Tendulkar to complete the hsitoric feat of 100 international tons - he is one short of the milestone - but Edwards has other ideas.
"I will do everything I can to see to it he doesn`t get there (100 tons) against the Caribbeans.
"I would want him to score nought in the rest of the series," quipped the 29-year-old-Barbadian, set to play his 50th Test match beginning Monday at the Eden.
Edwards had got out Tendulkar with a ball that came off a fullish length and rapped Tendulkar (7) on the pad in front of the leg stump in the first innings. It was his 150th Test scalp.
Calling the Indian batting genius a "great player", Edwards said in his young days he used to watch him in admiration. "After that, getting to bowl to him is a big achievement. We have to get him out to stop him from scoring runs".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam