Will Finch get a permanent place in Australian ODI squad after record knock?
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Southampton: After being bashed in the recently concluded Ashes series, Aussie fans had something to cheer when opener, Aaron Finch, played a record knock to demolish the English pace attack in the first T20 international match played at The Rose Bowl, Southampton on Thursday.
Aaron Finch was in a devastating mood as he clobbered 156 runs off just 63 balls.
The current Australian team is struggling to find match-winners and Aaron Finch could be the right-choice as a permanent opener along with David Warner.
The right-hander who replaced Michael Clarke as the Pune Warriors India skipper in IPL 2013, impressed everybody with his brutal knocks in the cash-rich tournament.
The Australian selectors would now be contemplating to give Finch a chance in the upcoming ODI series against England as well. The 26-year-old has already played seven ODIs for Australia where he hasn’t done much by scoring 107 runs from seven innings.
The right-hander’s record brutal knock had eleven boundaries and 14 sixes as he surpassed Brendon McCullum’s highest individual score (123) in T20 internationals.
Finch first added 114 runs with Shaun Marsh for the second wicket which was followed by a 101-run partnership with Shane Watson, before he was finally bowled by Jade Dernbach in the 17th over of the inning.
With the help of this knock, Australia posted a mammoth score of 248/6. It was another record as it became the second highest team total in T20 internationals after Sri Lanka’s 260/6 against Kenya, a feat they achieved in 2007.
Australia won the match by 39 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite