Will 'Guru Gary' change the fortunes of Delhi Daredevils?
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: One of the popular Indian Premier League franchises, Delhi Daredevils has roped in the South African, Gary Kirsten, as its chief coach for the next season of IPL.
In the last season of IPL the Delhi franchise failed to make an impact and finished at the last spot in the table.
Their poor batting and bowling performance let the franchise down.
To change the fortunes of the club, Daredevils appointed ‘Guru Gary’, who has a good reputation in India as a coach. During his tenure as a head coach Indian cricket touched new heights – won the World Cup in 2011 and reached at the top in the ICC Test rankings.
Another factor that might help the Delhi franchise is the deadly combo of Eric Simons and Gary Kirsten. Simons will now step down as head coach to become Kirsten’s assistant. In fact
Simons was the one who refer Kirsten’s name for the top job.
Now it would be interesting to see whether ‘Guru Gary’ will manage to change the fortunes of the franchise or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged