Will 'Guru Gary' change the fortunes of Delhi Daredevils?
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: One of the popular Indian Premier League franchises, Delhi Daredevils has roped in the South African, Gary Kirsten, as its chief coach for the next season of IPL.
In the last season of IPL the Delhi franchise failed to make an impact and finished at the last spot in the table.
Their poor batting and bowling performance let the franchise down.
To change the fortunes of the club, Daredevils appointed ‘Guru Gary’, who has a good reputation in India as a coach. During his tenure as a head coach Indian cricket touched new heights – won the World Cup in 2011 and reached at the top in the ICC Test rankings.
Another factor that might help the Delhi franchise is the deadly combo of Eric Simons and Gary Kirsten. Simons will now step down as head coach to become Kirsten’s assistant. In fact
Simons was the one who refer Kirsten’s name for the top job.
Now it would be interesting to see whether ‘Guru Gary’ will manage to change the fortunes of the franchise or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post