Will return to action soon: Harbhajan Singh
Pune: Discarded off-spinner Harbhajan Singh, who is out of action due to a shinbone injury, said he will return to competitive cricket soon.
"I am recovering from my injury. I will exercise here in Pune for four days and I will also undergo a three-week training at the National Cricket Academy. After that I will return to competitive cricket," he told reporters here.
Asked whether injuries to cricketers had increased due to too much cricket, the veteran cricketer, who has taken 406 wickets in 98 Tests and 259 wickets in 229 ODIs, replied in the negative.
"Injuries depend upon the capacity of any player. Injuries may vary player to player. How can one predict about injuries," he asked.
Asserting that he was optimistic of a comeback into the Indian team, Harbhajan said he was eager to wear the Team India jersey as soon as possible.
However, he refused to comment on India`s disastrous performance in the ongoing Test series in Australia.
Harbhajan, who is the goodwill ambassador of the wrestling show `Ring ka King - Wrestling ka Mahayuddh`, was present here for the formal launch of the show.
Noted TNA wrestlers Jeff Jarrett, Matt Morgan, Scott Steiner and Monster Abyss, who are among the 30 Indian and international wrestling superstars to participate in the show to be aired on Colors, were also present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Turkey's Erdogan beats foes for now, but at high cost to stability
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan; India's wait to be over soon?
- Navjot Singh Sidhu will not be AAP's CM candidate in Punjab, say top leaders
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016
- PSBs capital needs significantly higher than budgeted: Moody's