Will Sachin Tendulkar bid goodbye to international cricket after 200th Test?
Zee Media Bureau/Feroz Khan
New Delhi: Before the start of the BCCI’s Governing Council (GC) meeting in Kolkata on Sunday, its president-in-exile N Srinivasan was in the spotlight. However, after the end of the meet, the focus swiftly shifted to Sachin Tendulkar.
In a surprise move, the Indian cricket board announced that it has invited West Indies to play two Tests and five ODIs in November this year. Consequently, imagination took flight and all kind of possibilities started taking shape - the most significant of them being Tendulkar’s record 200th Test.\
By inviting West Indies for a short Test series, BCCI has ensured that Tendulkar, who has played in 198 Tests so far, will reach the milestone in front of his home fans. However, even more significant is the question - Is Tendulkar going to retire after the West Indies series?
Of late, the master blaster hasn’t been in the best of touch. His last Test century came way back in January 2011 against South Africa in Cape Town. Between then and now, his highest score has been 94 that he scored against West Indies at Mumbai in November 2011.
Tendulkar has already retired from one day internationals and continues to be the top run-getter in both the formats of the game.
However, according to a report in a leading Indian daily, Tendulkar seems to be in no mood to hang his boot after 200 Tests. He is looking forward to touring South Africa and has been preparing for the tough assignment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley