Will struggling Cook step down as England skipper?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: England`s horrible stay in Australia continued when the hosts registered a comprehensive victory in the third ODI, where they convincingly defeated the visitors by seven wickets. As England struggle to find their rhythm, a question which is probably in the minds of every cricket fan – is whether it`s time for Alastair Cook to step down as a skipper?
When asked about his future as the English skipper, Cook said in post match conference after the third ODI, that he might take a call on that at the end of the series.
England were thrashed 5-0 in the return Ashes, and they haven`t been able to do anything substantial in the ODIs as well. Their big moment of registering a victory, was deprived by a late onslaught from James Faulkner in the second ODI, where the all-rounder played yet another scintillating knock to snatch victory from the Poms.
Alastair Cook has been one of the prolific batsman in world cricket over the last few years and he led England brilliantly until the return Ashes. Even though the left-hander scored three half-centuries in the Tests, it was a below par performance as per his own standards, and his body language wasn`t impressive either.
Eoin Morgan has played three brilliant knocks in as many ODIs – 50, 106 and 54, and experts reckon he might be the right man to replace Cook at least in the limited format, only if the latter decides to step down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla