Will struggling Cook step down as England skipper?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: England`s horrible stay in Australia continued when the hosts registered a comprehensive victory in the third ODI, where they convincingly defeated the visitors by seven wickets. As England struggle to find their rhythm, a question which is probably in the minds of every cricket fan – is whether it`s time for Alastair Cook to step down as a skipper?
When asked about his future as the English skipper, Cook said in post match conference after the third ODI, that he might take a call on that at the end of the series.
England were thrashed 5-0 in the return Ashes, and they haven`t been able to do anything substantial in the ODIs as well. Their big moment of registering a victory, was deprived by a late onslaught from James Faulkner in the second ODI, where the all-rounder played yet another scintillating knock to snatch victory from the Poms.
Alastair Cook has been one of the prolific batsman in world cricket over the last few years and he led England brilliantly until the return Ashes. Even though the left-hander scored three half-centuries in the Tests, it was a below par performance as per his own standards, and his body language wasn`t impressive either.
Eoin Morgan has played three brilliant knocks in as many ODIs – 50, 106 and 54, and experts reckon he might be the right man to replace Cook at least in the limited format, only if the latter decides to step down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh