Will take legal recourse to challenge ban, says Modi`s lawyer
Mumbai: Slamming the life ban imposed on Lalit Modi by the BCCI, the former IPL chairman`s lawyer Mehmood Abdi today said he would take challenge it in the court.
"The entire disciplinary process was vitiated by malice, prejudice and personal bias which we will challenge in a court of law and expose all those persons with vested interests," Abdi said reacting to the BCCI`s decision at its SGM in Chennai.
"We have come to know of Mr Modi`s expulsion through the media. We will wait for a formal communication from the Board. The legal recourse to challenge the findings of the disciplinary committee is open to us which we will definitely exercise," he added.
Earlier in the day, the Board`s Special General Meeting took less than half an hour to impose a life ban on the controversial former IPL chairman after considering a 134-page report of its disciplinary panel comprising Arun Jaitley and Jyotiraditya Scindia submitted in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP