Will take legal recourse to challenge ban, says Modi`s lawyer
Mumbai: Slamming the life ban imposed on Lalit Modi by the BCCI, the former IPL chairman`s lawyer Mehmood Abdi today said he would take challenge it in the court.
"The entire disciplinary process was vitiated by malice, prejudice and personal bias which we will challenge in a court of law and expose all those persons with vested interests," Abdi said reacting to the BCCI`s decision at its SGM in Chennai.
"We have come to know of Mr Modi`s expulsion through the media. We will wait for a formal communication from the Board. The legal recourse to challenge the findings of the disciplinary committee is open to us which we will definitely exercise," he added.
Earlier in the day, the Board`s Special General Meeting took less than half an hour to impose a life ban on the controversial former IPL chairman after considering a 134-page report of its disciplinary panel comprising Arun Jaitley and Jyotiraditya Scindia submitted in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth