Will take legal recourse to challenge ban, says Modi`s lawyer
Mumbai: Slamming the life ban imposed on Lalit Modi by the BCCI, the former IPL chairman`s lawyer Mehmood Abdi today said he would take challenge it in the court.
"The entire disciplinary process was vitiated by malice, prejudice and personal bias which we will challenge in a court of law and expose all those persons with vested interests," Abdi said reacting to the BCCI`s decision at its SGM in Chennai.
"We have come to know of Mr Modi`s expulsion through the media. We will wait for a formal communication from the Board. The legal recourse to challenge the findings of the disciplinary committee is open to us which we will definitely exercise," he added.
Earlier in the day, the Board`s Special General Meeting took less than half an hour to impose a life ban on the controversial former IPL chairman after considering a 134-page report of its disciplinary panel comprising Arun Jaitley and Jyotiraditya Scindia submitted in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Major water crisis in Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula - Know reason behind it
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison