Will take legal recourse to challenge ban, says Modi`s lawyer
Mumbai: Slamming the life ban imposed on Lalit Modi by the BCCI, the former IPL chairman`s lawyer Mehmood Abdi today said he would take challenge it in the court.
"The entire disciplinary process was vitiated by malice, prejudice and personal bias which we will challenge in a court of law and expose all those persons with vested interests," Abdi said reacting to the BCCI`s decision at its SGM in Chennai.
"We have come to know of Mr Modi`s expulsion through the media. We will wait for a formal communication from the Board. The legal recourse to challenge the findings of the disciplinary committee is open to us which we will definitely exercise," he added.
Earlier in the day, the Board`s Special General Meeting took less than half an hour to impose a life ban on the controversial former IPL chairman after considering a 134-page report of its disciplinary panel comprising Arun Jaitley and Jyotiraditya Scindia submitted in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country