Will take legal recourse to challenge ban, says Modi`s lawyer
Mumbai: Slamming the life ban imposed on Lalit Modi by the BCCI, the former IPL chairman`s lawyer Mehmood Abdi today said he would take challenge it in the court.
"The entire disciplinary process was vitiated by malice, prejudice and personal bias which we will challenge in a court of law and expose all those persons with vested interests," Abdi said reacting to the BCCI`s decision at its SGM in Chennai.
"We have come to know of Mr Modi`s expulsion through the media. We will wait for a formal communication from the Board. The legal recourse to challenge the findings of the disciplinary committee is open to us which we will definitely exercise," he added.
Earlier in the day, the Board`s Special General Meeting took less than half an hour to impose a life ban on the controversial former IPL chairman after considering a 134-page report of its disciplinary panel comprising Arun Jaitley and Jyotiraditya Scindia submitted in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing