Windies captain Bravo faces bowling decisions
Gros Islet (St Lucia): West Indies captain Dwayne Bravo will be under the microscope when the final One-Day International of the five-match series against Pakistan is played at the Beausejour Stadium in St Lucia on Wednesday.
Following a six-wicket win in the rain-affected fourth match at the same venue on Sunday, the tourists enjoy an unbeatable 2-1 lead in the series and the hosts are under increasing pressure to get the win that will square the rubber and at least reassure Caribbean fans that the regional team is steadily improving in the countdown to the next World Cup.
The third fixture, also played at Beausejour, finished in a tie.
Despite proving to be extremely expensive in the final overs of their opponents` innings so far in the series, Bravo has continued to opt for his medium-pacers at the death, often resulting in a significant acceleration of the Pakistani scoring.
He finally admitted in the aftermath of defeat on Sunday that those tactics will have to be revisited. Yet it remains to be seen what he will choose to do on the day given the reluctance to utilise Darren Sammy when the late charge is on, despite the fact that the former ODI captain has been consistently one of the most economical bowlers with his medium-pacers.
Pakistan have no such concerns, and after ensuring that their unbeaten run in head-to-head series in the West Indies since the 1988 tour will be extended, are in no mood to relax.
"We`re looking forward to winning again. We gained a lot from that win (on Sunday) and confidence will be high for this final game," said Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq in anticipating the final challenge.
He was full of praise for left-arm seamer Junaid Khan. Together with Mohammad Irfan, they have been the most effective spearheads for Pakistan. However their third left-armer, Wahab Riaz, has found the going tough in the last two matches and may be forced to make way for Asad Ali, who opened the bowling in the first two matches in Guyana.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'