Windies` Chris Gayle ruled out of New Zealand Test series with injury
Wellington: Star batsman Chris Gayle will miss all three tests against New Zealand, the West Indies have confirmed.
According to Stuff.co.nz, Gayle tore a hamstring in the opening ODI against Indiain the late last week and is returning home.
West Indies physiotherapist C J Clarke confirmed Gayle needed three to four weeks to get over the problem, the report said.
However, they plan to have the blockbusting batsman involved in the limited overs section of the tour, the report added.
The West Indies have named Kraigg Brathwaite as Gayle`s replacement for the test series in New Zealand, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly