Windies` Chris Gayle ruled out of New Zealand Test series with injury
Wellington: Star batsman Chris Gayle will miss all three tests against New Zealand, the West Indies have confirmed.
According to Stuff.co.nz, Gayle tore a hamstring in the opening ODI against Indiain the late last week and is returning home.
West Indies physiotherapist C J Clarke confirmed Gayle needed three to four weeks to get over the problem, the report said.
However, they plan to have the blockbusting batsman involved in the limited overs section of the tour, the report added.
The West Indies have named Kraigg Brathwaite as Gayle`s replacement for the test series in New Zealand, the report further said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!