Windies drop Nash, recall Edwards for 2nd Test
Barbados: West Indies has recalled Kirk Edwards and dropped vice-captain Brendan Nash for the second cricket Test against India, which gets underway from June 28 at Bridgetown here.
After missing the opening Test which the hosts lost by 63 runs, Marlon Samuels will be back in action and is likely to play in the middle-order instead of Nash.
Nash has been out of form recently, scoring only 53 runs in his last six innings. He was dismissed in single digits five times in these innings. In the first Test at Sabina Park, Nash scored just one and nine.
Dashing opener and former skipper Chris Gayle once again was not considered and with him missing in action and now the exit of Nash, the onus will be on experienced batsmen Shivnarine Chanderpaul and Ramnaresh Sarwan to share the burden of batting.
West Indies squad
Darren Sammy (c), Adrian Barath, Lendl Simmons, Darren Bravo, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Marlon Samuels, Carlton Baugh (wk), Fidel Edwards, Ravi Rampaul, Devendra Bishoo, Kemar Roach, Kirk Edwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Nissan creates GT-R Drone to match the updated 2017 GT-R
- Neighbouring country trying to destabilise India: Rajnath
- Mahindra First Choice Services enter West Bengal
- Brexit shock: Tata Motors' stock nosedives; JLR discounts any worries
- Attention users: New malware commits data theft by the sound of your processor!