Windies drop Nash, recall Edwards for 2nd Test
Barbados: West Indies has recalled Kirk Edwards and dropped vice-captain Brendan Nash for the second cricket Test against India, which gets underway from June 28 at Bridgetown here.
After missing the opening Test which the hosts lost by 63 runs, Marlon Samuels will be back in action and is likely to play in the middle-order instead of Nash.
Nash has been out of form recently, scoring only 53 runs in his last six innings. He was dismissed in single digits five times in these innings. In the first Test at Sabina Park, Nash scored just one and nine.
Dashing opener and former skipper Chris Gayle once again was not considered and with him missing in action and now the exit of Nash, the onus will be on experienced batsmen Shivnarine Chanderpaul and Ramnaresh Sarwan to share the burden of batting.
West Indies squad
Darren Sammy (c), Adrian Barath, Lendl Simmons, Darren Bravo, Ramnaresh Sarwan, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Marlon Samuels, Carlton Baugh (wk), Fidel Edwards, Ravi Rampaul, Devendra Bishoo, Kemar Roach, Kirk Edwards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof