Windies pacers would be intimidating for India: Bravo
Kingston: The wins in the last two ODIs may not have been enough to clinch the series but West Indies surely have gained the momentum going into the Tests against India, says explosive host batsman Darren Bravo.
Bravo played a winning hand with a career-best 86 in his team`s seven-wicket triumph over India in the final one-dayer here yesterday. "With Kemar Roach in the side and Ravi Rampaul, who can really bowl fast, and if Fidel Edwards returns, it could be a bit intimidating (for the Indian batsmen)," declared Bravo.
Bravo was mindful that the first two Tests of the series will be played in Jamaica and Barbados which are likely to offer plenty of pace and bounce. The young Trinidadian backed himself and his side to do well even though the tourists will be considerably strengthened by the presence of Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman and regular skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni. "I will be back in Tests which is a format which suits my batting," said Bravo.
Bravo, who missed out on the second and third one-dayers, said his knock of 86 was important for him. "I was out of the second and third game. It was an important match for me; I really wanted to make it count," he said.
He also felt the comparisons with the legendary Brian Lara were unnecessary and any resemblance in their style of batting was only a coincidence. "I bat my natural way. Knowing what Brian has done, I don`t see the comparison. I am Darren Bravo and that`s it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- India vs West Indies: Satisfied to score double ton after forgettable debut, says Virat Kohli
- FIR lodged over beating of two Dalits in Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''