Windies set to target beleaguered captain Strauss during Test series
London: West Indies coach Ottis Gibson has said his pace bowlers would be targeting out of form England captain Andrew Strauss during their upcoming Test series, which commences from May 17 at Lord’s.
Strauss is under pressure as he has just scored one century in his last 49 innings, and Gibson confirmed he would be the prime target for the Windies bowlers.
“The Aussies are good at targeting the captain, but we need to target every batsman. Strauss is one of them and, because he’s at the top of the order, he’ll be the first,” The Sun quoted Gibson, as saying.
Windies captain Sammy also expressed confidence in his pace trio of Kemar Roach, Fidel Edwards and Ravi Rampaul, who would look to exploit the favorable fast bowling conditions in England.
“I have no doubt our quicks can cause England some problems,” Sammy said.
“We’ve been taking 20 wickets in Test cricket regularly for the last 18 months and the conditions here favour fast and swing bowling,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief