Windies sweating on Bravo, Russell for second ODI
London: The West Indies are sweating on the fitness of batsman Darren Bravo and all-rounder Andre Russell but have been boosted by the news that talismanic opener Chris Gayle will be available for Tuesday`s second One-Day International against England.
The left-handed Gayle missed Saturday`s opening ODI at Southampton, which the West Indies lost by 114 runs, with a stress reaction in a bone in his left leg.
His presence was missed in the batting line-up as the Windies slumped to 172 all out in response to England`s 288 for six.
The left-handed Bravo injured his groin during the game and was forced to bat at number nine, finishing with eight not out in an uncomfortable 21 minutes at the crease.
He joins Russell who is struggling with a shoulder injury.
Both players will have scans Monday to determine their match fitness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'