Windies women's team returns home to big welcome
Bridgetown: The West Indies women`s cricket team returned to the Caribbean following a long but successful tour of Asia.
The team members, led by captain Merissa Aguilleira, were greeted on arrival here on Sunday by West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Julian Hunte and other cricket officials, along with fans and family, reports.
The West Indies tore up the form books to reach the final of the Women`s World Cup in India before going down to eventual champions Australia by 114 runs.
On their subsequent tour of Sri Lanka, they beat the hosts 2-1 in the three-match one-day series and 4-1 in the five-match Twenty20 contest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!