Women`s team announced for Engalnd series
New Delhi: Rookies Veda Krishnamurthy, Shilpa Gupta and Ekta Bisht have been included in the 15-member Indian women`s cricket squad that will take part in a Quadrangular One Day Championship in England.
The other two teams in the tournament are Australia and New Zealand.
Jhulan Goswami has been retained captained for the tournament while Amita Sharma will be her deputy.
The team also consists of senior players like Mithali Raj, Diana David and Gouher Sultana are also in the squad.
Among the newcomers Veda is a leg-spinner, Ekta Bisht is a left-arm spinner and Shilpa Gupta is an off-break bowler.
Squad: Jhulan Goswami(Capatain), Amita Sharma (vice- captain), Mithali Raj, Snehal Pradhan, Poonam Raut, Neha Tanwar, Harman Preet Kaur, Samantha Lobatto (wicket-keeper), Anagha Deshpande, Gouher Sultana, Priyanka Roy, Diana David, Veda Krishnamurthy, Ekta Bisht, Shilpa Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read