Women`s team announced for Engalnd series
New Delhi: Rookies Veda Krishnamurthy, Shilpa Gupta and Ekta Bisht have been included in the 15-member Indian women`s cricket squad that will take part in a Quadrangular One Day Championship in England.
The other two teams in the tournament are Australia and New Zealand.
Jhulan Goswami has been retained captained for the tournament while Amita Sharma will be her deputy.
The team also consists of senior players like Mithali Raj, Diana David and Gouher Sultana are also in the squad.
Among the newcomers Veda is a leg-spinner, Ekta Bisht is a left-arm spinner and Shilpa Gupta is an off-break bowler.
Squad: Jhulan Goswami(Capatain), Amita Sharma (vice- captain), Mithali Raj, Snehal Pradhan, Poonam Raut, Neha Tanwar, Harman Preet Kaur, Samantha Lobatto (wicket-keeper), Anagha Deshpande, Gouher Sultana, Priyanka Roy, Diana David, Veda Krishnamurthy, Ekta Bisht, Shilpa Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!