Women`s team announced for Engalnd series
New Delhi: Rookies Veda Krishnamurthy, Shilpa Gupta and Ekta Bisht have been included in the 15-member Indian women`s cricket squad that will take part in a Quadrangular One Day Championship in England.
The other two teams in the tournament are Australia and New Zealand.
Jhulan Goswami has been retained captained for the tournament while Amita Sharma will be her deputy.
The team also consists of senior players like Mithali Raj, Diana David and Gouher Sultana are also in the squad.
Among the newcomers Veda is a leg-spinner, Ekta Bisht is a left-arm spinner and Shilpa Gupta is an off-break bowler.
Squad: Jhulan Goswami(Capatain), Amita Sharma (vice- captain), Mithali Raj, Snehal Pradhan, Poonam Raut, Neha Tanwar, Harman Preet Kaur, Samantha Lobatto (wicket-keeper), Anagha Deshpande, Gouher Sultana, Priyanka Roy, Diana David, Veda Krishnamurthy, Ekta Bisht, Shilpa Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal