Women`s team announced for Engalnd series
New Delhi: Rookies Veda Krishnamurthy, Shilpa Gupta and Ekta Bisht have been included in the 15-member Indian women`s cricket squad that will take part in a Quadrangular One Day Championship in England.
The other two teams in the tournament are Australia and New Zealand.
Jhulan Goswami has been retained captained for the tournament while Amita Sharma will be her deputy.
The team also consists of senior players like Mithali Raj, Diana David and Gouher Sultana are also in the squad.
Among the newcomers Veda is a leg-spinner, Ekta Bisht is a left-arm spinner and Shilpa Gupta is an off-break bowler.
Squad: Jhulan Goswami(Capatain), Amita Sharma (vice- captain), Mithali Raj, Snehal Pradhan, Poonam Raut, Neha Tanwar, Harman Preet Kaur, Samantha Lobatto (wicket-keeper), Anagha Deshpande, Gouher Sultana, Priyanka Roy, Diana David, Veda Krishnamurthy, Ekta Bisht, Shilpa Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor