Women`s team announced for Engalnd series
New Delhi: Rookies Veda Krishnamurthy, Shilpa Gupta and Ekta Bisht have been included in the 15-member Indian women`s cricket squad that will take part in a Quadrangular One Day Championship in England.
The other two teams in the tournament are Australia and New Zealand.
Jhulan Goswami has been retained captained for the tournament while Amita Sharma will be her deputy.
The team also consists of senior players like Mithali Raj, Diana David and Gouher Sultana are also in the squad.
Among the newcomers Veda is a leg-spinner, Ekta Bisht is a left-arm spinner and Shilpa Gupta is an off-break bowler.
Squad: Jhulan Goswami(Capatain), Amita Sharma (vice- captain), Mithali Raj, Snehal Pradhan, Poonam Raut, Neha Tanwar, Harman Preet Kaur, Samantha Lobatto (wicket-keeper), Anagha Deshpande, Gouher Sultana, Priyanka Roy, Diana David, Veda Krishnamurthy, Ekta Bisht, Shilpa Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details