Worcestershire hope to sign spin ace Ajmal
London: Worcestershire have agreed a short-term contract with Pakistan spinner Saeed Ajmal for this year`s Twenty20 season but are awaiting final confirmation of the deal, county officials said today.
Ajmal has been in superb form for Pakistan in the first Test against England in Dubai, capturing seven for 55 on Tuesday to leave Andrew Strauss`s men struggling to save the Test.
Worcestershire chief David Leatherdale said today the county was confident of re-signing the talented spinner.
"We have spoken to Saeed. We have put an offer on the table with him and his representative," he said.
"The signs are that Saeed is very keen to come back and has verbally agreed terms with us for the Twenty20 in June and July.”
"But we will take nothing for granted until the i`s have been dotted and the t`s have been crossed."
Ajmal`s bowling action has been the subject of much debate this week, with former England bowler Bob Willis questioning its legality.
But Leatherdale said Worcestershire had seen nothing in Ajmal`s action that gave cause for concern.
"We have no complaints with the way he bowled for us last season," he said. "We were very happy and comfortable with the way he bowled."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM