Worcestershire hope to sign spin ace Ajmal
London: Worcestershire have agreed a short-term contract with Pakistan spinner Saeed Ajmal for this year`s Twenty20 season but are awaiting final confirmation of the deal, county officials said today.
Ajmal has been in superb form for Pakistan in the first Test against England in Dubai, capturing seven for 55 on Tuesday to leave Andrew Strauss`s men struggling to save the Test.
Worcestershire chief David Leatherdale said today the county was confident of re-signing the talented spinner.
"We have spoken to Saeed. We have put an offer on the table with him and his representative," he said.
"The signs are that Saeed is very keen to come back and has verbally agreed terms with us for the Twenty20 in June and July.”
"But we will take nothing for granted until the i`s have been dotted and the t`s have been crossed."
Ajmal`s bowling action has been the subject of much debate this week, with former England bowler Bob Willis questioning its legality.
But Leatherdale said Worcestershire had seen nothing in Ajmal`s action that gave cause for concern.
"We have no complaints with the way he bowled for us last season," he said. "We were very happy and comfortable with the way he bowled."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi