Working committee defers decision on Azhar`s future
Mumbai: The BCCI working committee on Wednesday failed to reach a consensus on whether to bring Mohammed Azharuddin back under the parent body`s fold after the Andhra Pradesh High Court lifted life ban on former Indian captain by the cricket board.
"The decision on Azharuddin`s future in BCCI has been deferred. The working committee was undecided on whether to appeal against the decision or not. The legal team is still studying the case and it will still take some time to reach a conclusion," a senior BCCI official preferring anonymity told PTI today.
In another major decision, the BCCI also decided to dole out their one-time benefit payment to around 50 more cricketers who had a "touch and go" case in terms of the number of matches played and the year of retirement.
"The total disbursement for one-time benefit of ex-players is Rs 100 crore. There were a number of players who had say played 74 matches and missed the mark by a match. Also there were some players who had played close to 100 matches or more but retired one year after the cut-off date. All these players will be given the one-time benefit by the board," the official informed.
The Working Committee also decided to appeal against the decision taken by the three-member tribunal on paying Rs 120 crore to Zee Entertainment Enterprise as damages for termination of telecast rights of India`s home matches back in 2007.
"The working committee has decided to appeal against the verdict of the three-member tribunal," the member said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie