Working committee defers decision on Azhar`s future
Mumbai: The BCCI working committee on Wednesday failed to reach a consensus on whether to bring Mohammed Azharuddin back under the parent body`s fold after the Andhra Pradesh High Court lifted life ban on former Indian captain by the cricket board.
"The decision on Azharuddin`s future in BCCI has been deferred. The working committee was undecided on whether to appeal against the decision or not. The legal team is still studying the case and it will still take some time to reach a conclusion," a senior BCCI official preferring anonymity told PTI today.
In another major decision, the BCCI also decided to dole out their one-time benefit payment to around 50 more cricketers who had a "touch and go" case in terms of the number of matches played and the year of retirement.
"The total disbursement for one-time benefit of ex-players is Rs 100 crore. There were a number of players who had say played 74 matches and missed the mark by a match. Also there were some players who had played close to 100 matches or more but retired one year after the cut-off date. All these players will be given the one-time benefit by the board," the official informed.
The Working Committee also decided to appeal against the decision taken by the three-member tribunal on paying Rs 120 crore to Zee Entertainment Enterprise as damages for termination of telecast rights of India`s home matches back in 2007.
"The working committee has decided to appeal against the verdict of the three-member tribunal," the member said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'