Worral to replace Pattinson in Melbourne Stars
Melbourne: Melbourne Stars` Daniel Worrall will replace James Pattinson in the Melbourne Stars squad of Australia`s domestic Twenty20 cricket series, the Big Bash League.
The technical committee of the league Friday approved the change to the squad.
Pace bowler Pattinson is currently receiving treatment for a side strain that will rule him out of the tournament.
Worrall, 22, made his Bupa Sheffield Shield and RYOBI One-Day Cup debuts for South Australia in October and took three second innings wickets in the Redbacks` drawn Shield match against Queensland.
He also had a cameo in Nine Network`s Howzat mini-series, playing the on-air role of Aussie paceman Mick Malone.
The first round of the Big Bash League starts Saturday night with the Melbourne derby between the Renegades and Stars at the Etihad Stadium here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened