Worral to replace Pattinson in Melbourne Stars
Melbourne: Melbourne Stars` Daniel Worrall will replace James Pattinson in the Melbourne Stars squad of Australia`s domestic Twenty20 cricket series, the Big Bash League.
The technical committee of the league Friday approved the change to the squad.
Pace bowler Pattinson is currently receiving treatment for a side strain that will rule him out of the tournament.
Worrall, 22, made his Bupa Sheffield Shield and RYOBI One-Day Cup debuts for South Australia in October and took three second innings wickets in the Redbacks` drawn Shield match against Queensland.
He also had a cameo in Nine Network`s Howzat mini-series, playing the on-air role of Aussie paceman Mick Malone.
The first round of the Big Bash League starts Saturday night with the Melbourne derby between the Renegades and Stars at the Etihad Stadium here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video