Would trade my Orange Cap for IPL trophy: Hussey
Kolkata: IPL 6`s most-prolific batsman Mike Hussey has said that he would any day trade his Orange Cap for the trophy that eluded two-time champions Chennai Super Kings this year.
The 38-year-old Aussie, who retired from international cricket earlier this year, was presented the Orange Cap last night for being the highest run-getter in this season, with 733 runs under his belt.
"I`d give the Orange Cap back away for the Trophy definitely. It`s quite an honour to have got it but it would have been nice to perform on the last day and in the big game," Hussey said after CSK lost to Mumbai Indians by 23 runs in the IPL 6 final at the Eden Gardens here last night.
Hussey was unhappy with the fact that despite being the most consistent team this season, CSK faltered at the big match.
"That`s how the game goes, doesn`t it? T20 cricket is such a fickle game. You`ve got to stay positive and philosophical about it. We`ve had a fantastic season and it`s just unfortunate that we got beaten by a better team on the day and we couldn`t get over the line," he told IPL website.
"But we can still be very proud of our efforts throughout the course of this season. It`s been brilliant."
Chasing a modest 149 in the title clash last night, CSK`s batsmen did not have the best of outings as MI bowlers restricted them to 125 for nine.
"We obviously got off to a very bad start, losing two wickets in the first over. That set the negative tone for us and then we just kept losing wickets; couldn`t get a nice, busy partnership going, which would have given us a chance," Hussey said.
"Credit goes to the Mumbai Indians; they started very, very well with the ball and had us on the back foot right from the start."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city