Would trade my Orange Cap for IPL trophy: Hussey
Kolkata: IPL 6`s most-prolific batsman Mike Hussey has said that he would any day trade his Orange Cap for the trophy that eluded two-time champions Chennai Super Kings this year.
The 38-year-old Aussie, who retired from international cricket earlier this year, was presented the Orange Cap last night for being the highest run-getter in this season, with 733 runs under his belt.
"I`d give the Orange Cap back away for the Trophy definitely. It`s quite an honour to have got it but it would have been nice to perform on the last day and in the big game," Hussey said after CSK lost to Mumbai Indians by 23 runs in the IPL 6 final at the Eden Gardens here last night.
Hussey was unhappy with the fact that despite being the most consistent team this season, CSK faltered at the big match.
"That`s how the game goes, doesn`t it? T20 cricket is such a fickle game. You`ve got to stay positive and philosophical about it. We`ve had a fantastic season and it`s just unfortunate that we got beaten by a better team on the day and we couldn`t get over the line," he told IPL website.
"But we can still be very proud of our efforts throughout the course of this season. It`s been brilliant."
Chasing a modest 149 in the title clash last night, CSK`s batsmen did not have the best of outings as MI bowlers restricted them to 125 for nine.
"We obviously got off to a very bad start, losing two wickets in the first over. That set the negative tone for us and then we just kept losing wickets; couldn`t get a nice, busy partnership going, which would have given us a chance," Hussey said.
"Credit goes to the Mumbai Indians; they started very, very well with the ball and had us on the back foot right from the start."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report