Wriddhiman Saha likely to play in Duleep Trophy semi-final
New Delhi: Test specialist Wriddhiman Saha in all likelihood will lead East Zone in their Duleep Trophy semi-final against North Zone to be played at the Feroz Shah Kotla, from February 4.
"Wriddhiman will certainly play in the Duleep Trophy semi-final and in all likelihood will lead the side in place of Nataraj Behera," a member of the East Zone selection committee, informed.
Wriddhiman, whose neat glovework and gritty batting in the first innings earned praise from all quarters will replace Shreevats Goswami who had an indifferent outing in the quarter-final against West Zone.
However it is not known whether another Test specialist Ishant Sharma, will be drafted into the North Zone squad for the above mentioned match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh