Wriddhiman Saha likely to play in Duleep Trophy semi-final
New Delhi: Test specialist Wriddhiman Saha in all likelihood will lead East Zone in their Duleep Trophy semi-final against North Zone to be played at the Feroz Shah Kotla, from February 4.
"Wriddhiman will certainly play in the Duleep Trophy semi-final and in all likelihood will lead the side in place of Nataraj Behera," a member of the East Zone selection committee, informed.
Wriddhiman, whose neat glovework and gritty batting in the first innings earned praise from all quarters will replace Shreevats Goswami who had an indifferent outing in the quarter-final against West Zone.
However it is not known whether another Test specialist Ishant Sharma, will be drafted into the North Zone squad for the above mentioned match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report