Wriddhiman Saha likely to play in Duleep Trophy semi-final
New Delhi: Test specialist Wriddhiman Saha in all likelihood will lead East Zone in their Duleep Trophy semi-final against North Zone to be played at the Feroz Shah Kotla, from February 4.
"Wriddhiman will certainly play in the Duleep Trophy semi-final and in all likelihood will lead the side in place of Nataraj Behera," a member of the East Zone selection committee, informed.
Wriddhiman, whose neat glovework and gritty batting in the first innings earned praise from all quarters will replace Shreevats Goswami who had an indifferent outing in the quarter-final against West Zone.
However it is not known whether another Test specialist Ishant Sharma, will be drafted into the North Zone squad for the above mentioned match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested