Wright, Vettori to pick team during 2011 World Cup
Wellington: New Zealand coach John Wright has made it clear that he and skipper Daniel Vettori will be picking the squad during the 2011 World Cup.
Wright said there were no plans for one of the three selectors, Mark Greatbatch, Glenn Turner and Lance Cairns, to join the side on the subcontinent this month, unlike Australia, who usually take a member of the independent selection panel on tour.
“At the World Cup, myself, Dan Vettori and the vice-captain will pick the team. I’m very comfortable with that, it’s the way I’ve always operated,” Stuff.co.nz quoted Wright, as saying.
Wright further said: “I’m not a fan of rotation. You try to pick your strongest side. It gives you the best chance of winning and getting some momentum going.”
He said it was too early for him to form an opinion on his brief coaching tenure, after back-to-back defeats left New Zealand trailing Pakistan 2-1 in the ODI series.
But he saw some encouraging signs from Tuesday’s two-wicket defeat in Napier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof