Yadav to lead India U-23 in Emerging Teams Cup
Mumbai: BCCI`s All-India Junior Selection Committee Wednesday announced the India Under-23 team for the ACC Emerging Teams Cup to be played in Singapore in August.
The committee also named the Under-19 team for the tour of Sri Lanka in July-August.
Mumbai batsman Surya Kumar Yadav will lead India against arch-rivals Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nepal in Group A while Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and hosts Singapore are in Group B.
The matches will be played at Kallang Cricket Ground and Singapore Cricket Ground Aug 17-25. India`s first match will be against neighbours Pakistan (Aug 18) after which they will face Nepal (Aug 20) and Afghanistan (Aug 22). The final will be played Aug 25.
The following is the 15-member U-23 squad: Surya Kumar Yadav (Captain), K.L. Rahul (Vice-captain), Kaustubh Pawar, Ankit Bawane, Unmukt Chand, Ashok Menaria, Manpreet Juneja, Smit Patel, Prashant Chopra, Jasprit Bumrah, Sandeep Warrier, Harshal Patel, Akshar Patel, Sandeep Sharma, B. Aparajith.
On the other hand, the U-19 team will play two four-day games and three one-day games on the tour to Sri Lanka. Maharashtra batsman Vijay Zol, who is leading the side in Australia currently, remains the captain.
India and hosts Sri Lanka will first play the two four-day games July 23-26 and July 29-Aug 1 at Dambulla and Kurunegala, respectively, while the three one-day games will be played Aug 4, 6 and 8 on the same grounds.
The following is the 15-member U-19 team for the four-day games: Vijay Zol (Captain), Sanju Vishwanadh (Vice-captain), Akhil Herwadkar, Shreyas Iyer, Mohammed Saif, Karan Viradia, Shubham Khajuria, D. Nischal, Ankush Bains, Atul Singh, Pankaj Jaiswal, Ateet Seth, C.V. Milind, Aamir Gani, Kuldeep Yadav.
The following is the 15-member U-19 team for the three one-dayers: Vijay Zol (Captain), Sanju Vishwanadh (Vice-captain), Akhil Herwadkar, Sarfaraz Khan, Ricky Bhui, Deepak Hooda, Abhimanyu Lamba, Rishi Arothe, Mohammed Saif, Shubham Khajuria, Ankush Bains, Atul Singh, Ateet Seth, Aamir Gani, Kuldeep Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre