Yadav to lead India U-23 in Emerging Teams Cup
Mumbai: BCCI`s All-India Junior Selection Committee Wednesday announced the India Under-23 team for the ACC Emerging Teams Cup to be played in Singapore in August.
The committee also named the Under-19 team for the tour of Sri Lanka in July-August.
Mumbai batsman Surya Kumar Yadav will lead India against arch-rivals Pakistan, Afghanistan and Nepal in Group A while Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and hosts Singapore are in Group B.
The matches will be played at Kallang Cricket Ground and Singapore Cricket Ground Aug 17-25. India`s first match will be against neighbours Pakistan (Aug 18) after which they will face Nepal (Aug 20) and Afghanistan (Aug 22). The final will be played Aug 25.
The following is the 15-member U-23 squad: Surya Kumar Yadav (Captain), K.L. Rahul (Vice-captain), Kaustubh Pawar, Ankit Bawane, Unmukt Chand, Ashok Menaria, Manpreet Juneja, Smit Patel, Prashant Chopra, Jasprit Bumrah, Sandeep Warrier, Harshal Patel, Akshar Patel, Sandeep Sharma, B. Aparajith.
On the other hand, the U-19 team will play two four-day games and three one-day games on the tour to Sri Lanka. Maharashtra batsman Vijay Zol, who is leading the side in Australia currently, remains the captain.
India and hosts Sri Lanka will first play the two four-day games July 23-26 and July 29-Aug 1 at Dambulla and Kurunegala, respectively, while the three one-day games will be played Aug 4, 6 and 8 on the same grounds.
The following is the 15-member U-19 team for the four-day games: Vijay Zol (Captain), Sanju Vishwanadh (Vice-captain), Akhil Herwadkar, Shreyas Iyer, Mohammed Saif, Karan Viradia, Shubham Khajuria, D. Nischal, Ankush Bains, Atul Singh, Pankaj Jaiswal, Ateet Seth, C.V. Milind, Aamir Gani, Kuldeep Yadav.
The following is the 15-member U-19 team for the three one-dayers: Vijay Zol (Captain), Sanju Vishwanadh (Vice-captain), Akhil Herwadkar, Sarfaraz Khan, Ricky Bhui, Deepak Hooda, Abhimanyu Lamba, Rishi Arothe, Mohammed Saif, Shubham Khajuria, Ankush Bains, Atul Singh, Ateet Seth, Aamir Gani, Kuldeep Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Brazilian striker Hulk to join Chinese club Shanghai SIPG in a record USD 60 million deal
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' to join forces with Salman Khan's 'Sultan'? - Know how
- Donald Trump is not speaking for broad base of the country: Barack Obama
- Attack on security forces in Valley a proxy war from across border: J&K govt
- Air pollution kills six million people every year: Study