Yashpal guides Services to last-over win against Himachal
Nadaun (Himachal Pradesh): Experienced Yashpal Singh slammed a 94-ball 96 to steer Services to a three-wicket win over Himachal Pradesh in a close Vijay Hazare Trophy match here today.
Yashpal was well supported by skipper Rajat Paliwal as the visitors chased down the target of 277 with just four balls to spare at the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Stadium.
Paliwal made an invaluable 41 off 38 balls after Soumya Swain set it up with a knock of 63 off 60.
Yashpal hit 10 fours while there were five boundaries for Paliwal, with whom the former added 89 for the fifth wicket in just 12.5 overs.
Before that, the 31-year-old Yashpal was involved in a stand of 113 runs for the fourth wicket with Swain, who found the fence three times while clearing it once.
Chasing a respectable total, Services were off to a bad start, losing opener Sumit Singh (4) with just 28 on the board.
Nakul Verma got out after making 30, followed by Anshul Gupta who scored 22, leaving the Services struggling at 62 for three.
But there was no looking back from thereon as the trio of Singh, Swain and Paliwal took the team home in the final over of the match.
Dhruv Singh was the best Himachal bowler with three wickets while Rishi picked up two.
Earlier, opting to bat, Himachal rode on Dhawan`s 72 off 76 balls and Sumit Verma`s 28-ball 47 towards the end to reach a challenging total. Verma slammed five fours and two sixes during his whirlwind innings.
Amit Kumar made 57, even as Paliwal (3/21) emerged as the most impressive bowler for Services.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed