Young replaces Holland in Adelaide strikers squad
Melbourne: Spinner Jon Holland has been replaced by Brad Young in the Adelaide Strikers squad for the ongoing Australia`s domestic Twenty20 cricket tournament, the Big Bash League (BBL).
The BBL technical committee approved the change Tuesday, said a press release.
Holland, recovering from shoulder injury, will be unavailable for the duration of the league.
Left-arm spinner Young played six One-Day Internationals (ODI) for Australia in 1998 and 1999 and has played 54 first-class matches for South Australia between 1996 and 2003. He also took a hat-trick at the 1998 Commonwealth Games against New Zealand.
Young will be available for selection in the Strikers` next match, a clash with Brisbane Heat at the Adelaide Oval Thursday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'