Younis Khan defies Zimbabwe bowlers
Harare: Younis Khan defied Zimbabwe`s bowlers on Thursday, as Pakistan made slow progress on the third day of the second Test at the Harare Sports Club.
Pakistan were 211 for five at lunch, still 83 runs behind Zimbabwe`s first innings total of 294, with Younis unbeaten on 76.
Only 48 runs were scored in 28 overs during the morning`s play for the loss of two wickets.
Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq made a laboured 33 off 120 balls before he fell victim to the second delivery with the second new ball, caught at first slip off left-arm bowler Brian Vitori, pushing at a wide ball slanted away from him.
Asad Shafiq was bowled by Tendai Chatara for 10 in what was virtually an action replay of his dismissal in the second innings of the first Test, not getting forward to a fairly full delivery which swung in.
Younis, man of the match after making an unbeaten double century in Pakistan`s win in the first Test, played cautiously on a pitch with several cracks which is expected to deteriorate.
He added 24 runs to his overnight 52. He was stuck on 65 for 33 deliveries on either side of the new ball and faced 89 balls during the morning, hitting three boundaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why