Younis Khan ignored for Champions Trophy
Lahore: The one-day international career of Pakistan`s former captain Younis Khan appeared to have come to a end on Sunday as the national selectors did not include him in the list of 30 probables announced for the ICC Champions Trophy.
Younis, 35, was the major omission from the list of probables and the selectors` decision signalled the end of his ODI career. He has turned out for Pakistan in 253 ODIs.
The former captain struggled in the recent one-day series in South Africa and has been out of form in this format of the game since last year.
He did score a half century in the one-day series in India in December but otherwise he has struggled to hit form.
The selectors also ignored senior all-rounder Abdul Razzaq, who has been out of favor for sometime.
The selectors have also sidelined wicketkeeper Sarfaraz Ahmed although he played in the Tests in South Africa.
They have, however, included a number of uncapped players in the probables list, including keeper Rizwan Ahmed and fast bowler Imran Khan.
Probables: Nasir Jamshed, Muhammad Hafeez, Imran Farhat, Ahmed Shahzad, Misbah-ul-Haq, Haris Sohail, Asaf Shafiq, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Umer Amin, Sohail Tanvir, Hammad Azam, Azhar Ali, Shahid Afridi, Asad Ali, Anwer Ali, Junaid Khan, Muhammad Irfan, Wahab Riaz, Umar Gul, Rahat Ali, Ehsan Adil, Imran Khan, Aizaz Cheema, Yasir Arafat, Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rehman, Zulfiqar Babar, Kamran Akmal, M Rizwan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'