Younis to meet PCB chairman to resolve dispute
Karachi: Out of favour senior batsman Younis Khan is all set to hold talks with the Pakistan Cricket Board chairman in a bid to resurrect his career.
Younis has not been picked in the national side despite lifting of a ban, imposed on him by the Board.
The PCB in a stern warning had asked the former captain asking him to contact them in a week`s time or they would initiate legal proceedings against him by issuing a showcause notice to him.
Sources said that the senior batsman, who is in Lahore for the national T20 championship has agreed to meet with the PCB Chairman, Ejaz Butt.
"Younis has made it clear he has no ego problems meeting with the board Chairman to discuss the issue and he is available in Lahore for the next one week," a source said.
The PCB Chairman was adamant that to be considered selection, Younis has to meet him and resolve his ban issue with the board.
Younis was among seven players banned or fined after the Australian tour in March but an appellate tribunal later removed the bans and reduced the fines.
The appellate tribunal said the board had acted hastily in imposing a ban on Younis and that it should start afresh proceedings against him by issuing a show cause notice if it felt he had violated the code of conduct.
But the tribunal also said the board Chairman had the authority to grant pardon to any player.
Ahmed Qayyum, Younis` lawyer said they are yet to receive any notice from the board.
"We are waiting for it but we ourselves want this issue resolved as quickly as possible. If required my client is willing to meet with anyone," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?